(Effective Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020 - unless extended)
The Henry County Commission has joined the State and Federal Government in declaring an emergency due to COVID-19. For the protection of our citizens and employees, the Henry County Commission hereby directs that all county offices be closed to the public effective the above referenced dates. Our employees will continue to work, however business will be conducted for each department in the following manner:
• Tags - Renew your tag (1) online at www.henrycountyal.com (under online payments on the right hand side of the page), (2) by mail at 101 Court Square Suite A, Abbeville, Al 36310 or (3) by phone at 334-585-3257. If you are paying online and you do not have your mail-in card containing your record number, please contact our office and we will assist you. If you are paying by phone you will need to provide a debit/credit card number. The $2.00 tag mail-in fee is waived until April 30, 2020. Also, there will be no penalties for March renewals until April 15, 2020.
• Recording - Please mail all documents for recording to 101 Court Square Suite A, Abbeville, Al 36310. Call 334-585-3257 if you have questions.
• Probate Court - As directed by the Alabama Supreme Court: Effective immediately through April 30, 2020, all in-person proceedings with the exception of proceedings related to emergency mental health orders and proceedings related to the protection of elderly or vulnerable persons are cancelled. All in-person proceedings will be continued to a later date. Please contact your attorney for any questions involving your case.
• Drivers License Renewal - You may renew your driver’s license online once every eight years provided there are no changes to be made. Visit www.alea.gov and click “View All Online Services”. NOTE: You must still have the same address as shown on your current driver’s license.
• Hunting and Fishing License – These may be purchased online at www.outdooralabama.com.
• Taxes - Delinquent property taxes may be paid by mail with a cashier’s check or by money order. They may also be paid via our website. Our mailing address is: 101 Court Square Suite C, Abbeville, AL 36310 Website: www.henrycountyrevenue.com. Please call the Revenue Office at 334-585-3043 for any questions you may have. Our website listed above is also a valuable tool that can be used to answer many of your questions.
• Payments - Payments can be made by mail to Henry County Solid Waste, 101 Court Square Suite B, Abbeville, Al 36310 or by phone at 334-585-5714
• New Service - Contact the Solid Waste Office at 334-585-5714
Road and Bridge Department:
• You can contact the Road and Bridge Department at 334-585-2735
Board of Registrars:
• Voter Registration - To register to vote or update your voter information, please visit www.alabamavotes.gov and find the voter registration tab. For additional information call 334-585-6080.
• Emergency Assistance - Dial 911 for all emergencies. For all other calls dial 334-585-3131.
• Offense Reports - Please call our office at 334-585-3131 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
• Pistol Permits - Our office will continue to issue permits although the courthouse is closed. If you wish to submit an application, please visit our website at www.henrycountysheriffsoffice.org and submit it online. If you have further questions regarding pistol permits and their issuance, please call our office at 334-585-3131 during normal business hours (Monday –Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
District Attorney’s Office:
• Warrants - contact your local law enforcement agency at 334-585-5052.
• Call 334-585-3708
• Call 334-585-6702
Circuit Clerks Office:
• Call 334-585-2753
District Judge/Juvenile Court:
• Call 334-585-5712